What Is Web Design? And How To Design A Website3 min read
Web Design, a very common term used on the web. Right?
But many people get this term in the wrong way or there are several myths around there that makes this term unclear.
Today in this article, we’re going to explain you what exactly web design is? And show you the ways of designing a website.
So, let’s dive in!
For your ease, here's what we'll be covering:
What Is Web Design?
“Web Design is the design or looks of a website that displays on the web or internet”. It is also known as Website Design. The design which is more attractive and beautiful attracts more visitors. That means web design plays a very important role in the online world.
To design a website, you need to learn programming languages like:
- Hypertext Markup Language (HTML): HTML tags are used to design the structure of a website. For example, <title> is used to give the title and <img> is used to add the image.
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS): CSS code is used to design the appearance of the website that you created by using HTML tags. For example, to change colours, fonts, etc, CSS is used.
Ways To Design A Website
There are various ways to design a website like:
- Hire a Web Designer
- Pay to Web Designing Company
- Design it by Yourself [ With Coding Or Without Coding]
Let’s understand these ways in detail:
1. Hire a Web Designer:
In this case, you need to hire a web designer to design your website and pay for it. This is the easiest way through which you can save your time by paying some amount to a freelance designer.
Where To Find a Web Designer?
You can find web designers on freelancing sites such as Fiverr, Freelancer, etc, or on social media platforms.
But the best way to find a freelance designer is on any freelancing site. I recommend using Fiverr to find a freelance designer because I personally use Fiverr to find freelancers.
2. Pay to Web Designing Company:
You can find many companies or websites on the internet which provide the service of web designing. You can find these sites on Google and outsource your work. This also saves your time if you’re a busy person or an agency.
3. Design it by Yourself:
Yes, you can design a website by yourself. And this method saves you money.
What? Didn’t know how to code your website? No wonder…
There are 3 ways of designing a website on your own. Let me show you these ways:
You can design your site by learning programming languages like HTML or CSS. By using HTML tags, you can design the structure of your site, and to customize your site, you can use CSS.
If you don’t know, how to code a website then no worries… There are still some ways to design a beautiful website:
- By using themes or pre-made templates, you can design your site.
- By using page builders, you can create a beautiful website. For example, elementor or divi.
Quick suggestion – How to Design a Website in 2021 [Step-by-Step In-depth Guide]
By reading the above article, you’ll get to know how you can easily design your website step-by-step even if you didn’t know how to code.