How to Find A Profitable Niche (2022) – Practical Step-by-Step Guide5 min read
How to Find A Profitable Niche in 2022 – Practical Step-by-Step Guide
Finding a perfect profitable niche is the prior step to starting your blog as your niche is the pillar of its success. So it’s important to make sure that you choose a perfect one.
This is a guide you ever need to select your perfect profitable niche in 2022. Because in this guide, you not only learn how to find a niche but you’ll also learn how to find a profitable niche that helps you to generate your living from your blog.
In this article, I’ll share everything from scratch to advance. This guide is going to be very practical with some images and examples for you to better understand.
Let’s dive in!
What is a Blog Niche? Why does it matter?
First of all, let’s understand what’s a blog niche is and why does it even matter? So that you can understand its importance and choose it wisely.
“A blog niche is a specific category of your blog on which you write about in your blog.” It could be anything like a food blog, travel blog, etc.
In other words, a niche is your content pillar on which you write about in your blog. It should be clear and specific.
For instance, in a food blog, you must write about food (different recipes, food in different countries, or something which relates) so it helps the people to understand what your niche is.
Why does it matter?
It’s really important for a blog to have a particular niche. Not only for one reason but for several reasons that why you should have a niche blog. Let’s have a look:
- User Experience – If you have a specific niche for your blog, it will help your users to understand, on which category you write about. And if they have any queries related to your niche, they’ll come back to read your articles.
- Good for SEO – It’s a good signal for SEO if you have a blog based on a specific niche.
- Easy to Monetize – If you have a niche blog, then it’s easy to categorise which ads should be displayed on your site or which ads would be more suitable.
- Rank Higher – Search engines like Google or Bing prefer articles from niche blogs and push their articles on the top as they talk about on a specific topic.
Apart from these, there’re several more reasons for choosing a perfect niche for your blog. Now let’s jump to our step-by-step guide on how to find a profitable niche.
How to Find A Profitable Niche (2022) – Step-by-Step Guide
You might see many bloggers who advise creating a blog based on your hobby niche (maybe it would be traveling or cooking) or to create a blog you enjoy writing about. It’s a great idea but, here that’s not the point. Maybe it will not work for you.
It’s very important to choose a niche that is profitable as well. Because if you pick a niche according to your interest but have minimum or zero potential to make money, then it would become a big failure.
Your niche should lie between your interest, what your audience wants, and the potential of monetization.
And for this, you need to “Validate your niche”. Will it work or not? Will, it helps you to generate a full-time income or not? Through the Validation process, all these questions are going to get answered and at the end of this article, you’ll be able to find a perfect profitable niche for your blog.
STEP 1: Brainstorm with ideas and write down
Maybe you have a ton of niche ideas bouncing in your head or maybe you struggle to find just one (and that’s completely OK).
If you don’t have any niche idea in your mind, then:
- Find your field of Interest.
- Find your field of expertise or where you’re good at?
- Observe things in your room and surrounding to get ideas.
- Find, on which topic you love to talk about or you never bore to talk about it?
- Get ideas from E-commerce sites like Amazon, Flipkart, etc.
If you can answer these questions, hopefully, some ideas start coming into your head.
Now, just note them down and make a list of your ideas. These niche ideas are just based on your interest. But we need to find the profitable one. So move to the next step.
STEP 2: Validation of your Niche
Now, it’s time to validate your niche through which you’ll be able to choose the perfect one for you.
For the validation process, you need to answer the 4 simple questions honestly:
- What’s the thing you’re passionate about?
- Do you enjoy writing about it even after a year and after your 100+ posts?
- Do other people wants to read or learn about it?
- Does it have a potential to make money?
These questions help you to identify which niche is best for you.
Now let’s understand, how can you answer these questions properly one-by-one. So it’s easy for you to validate your niche.
Question 1: What’s the thing you’re passionate about?
This is the first question you need to answer, “What’s the thing you’re passionate about?”. To answer this question honestly, you need to see the list that you created at the time of brainstorming.
Now, shortlist the piece of ideas and put them here, and find out the thing you love to write about.
Question 2: Do you enjoy writing about it even after a year and after your 100+ posts?
You can’t write any article in a pressure that you have to write one. It’s really important that you enjoying your work. So if your answer is “yes”, then you should definitely go with it.
Question 3: Do other people wants to read or learn about it?
Question 4: Does it have a potential to make money?
By answering these questions, you’ll be able to find the perfect profitable niche for your blog.